Monday 7 December 2015

Fashion and hair and subtle lighting. Afternoon well spent.

Eugh, now, I've been having trouble with my google account so if this blog suddenly dies, then find me on tumblr or deviantart. Let's call ditching Google entirely Plan B.

In the meantime I'm here and I've had a few hours to play about making an attractive little top for Ix. This one's a special one because it unzips! Hooray! It's kind of a weird top because it'd have to be boned in order to be supportive (not that Ix particularly needs support for her breasts, but it'd need to be boned in order to maintain that top line at least), but I designed the boning (yes I'm into plausible fashion) and the structure kinda ruined it, so we'll have to stick with the 'scifi fact' this is some new material which simultaneously provides support, and looks a bit like flimsy/stretchy cotton.

*Insert obvious boning jokes here*

Memory cotton then. We've been here before, haven't we? This using futuristic fiction to provide the excuse not to quite stick to real-world physics. I like this excuse. Hey, they're my toys, I can play with them how I want :D

I'm not going to show the unzipping fully in action, because it's more fun to tease (we know this: it's established fact), but I'm pretty happy with the semi-reveal version below tbh.

So: feedback time: new hair? Yes or no? Did anyone notice the hair? No. Ah well. I think it's cute. And assuming Ix meets Luce at some point in the not-too-distant-future, she's bound to get some styling tips from our gothic femme noir.

Because hair is important. Yes it is.

New hair:

Old hair:

New hair:


VOTE! 

(Project Bellerophon reserves the right to completely ignore the outcome of the vote, but you know: shits and giggles, eh?)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

About the hair, I personally prefer the old one. More natural in the style, more "as they are", reflecting the temper of the character.
The new one look, like the dress, look as if she's going on a date and put a real effort on her look.
My taste is I prefer wild creatures to civilized ones.

Tora-no-shi 1369 said...

I like both hairs, but I sort of lean to the newer. I love Ix's old look, but the new hair sort of fits. Others might disagree, but sometime change is good. Advise, I have, is don't screw up and make it instantaneous. Maybe when Luce comes into the picture. It would make better since.

Ixes said...

I like the original hair, but have no problem with the new hair. And unlike the real world, switching back and forth is only a click away.

Sharpie said...

I like the old hair since it shows her face better, and the messier look fits the character. However, the new hair does look like she put more effort into it. Perhaps the old hair could be her chillin' style and the new one a more formal style for times she gets herself all made up thanks to Luce's input. Both look great, and, as you pointed out, you have a good context in the story to change it.

Anonymous said...

New hair for sure!!!

Anonymous said...

Like original style more, but new one is nice. Say Old hair is 10, New hair is 8.5 mainly because old style shows more of her sexy elfin face.

Tittily Winks said...

The old hair has some faerie/elf magic happening, so, that, imh. The new hair perhaps for "dressed up for posh dinner/club" mode? And y'know, imh again, Ix can input to Luce at least as surely; I'd feel Ix is a stronger individual than she may appear. Luce's sought, changed, asserted more radically than Ix, but it definitely wouldn't follow that she'd have the better sense of herself as an individual nor that she's as secure with herself.

That top, rawrr. It's hot and works for her vibe so hey, yipee for... WonderFabric, genetic enhancement, gravity defiant breasts, BoobErect NanoCell DermalSalve or whatever it is goin' on in IxWorld there. Errant zipper version's definitely workin' there too. Fun renders :)

Kondrad Hyland said...

i'm used to the old style so old it is :)

HumanBionic 6 said...

A Fashion top for Ix !!!!!
Ix -as all women- may decide changing hair in a "hairdressing salon" discovered by chance in their spaceship... or simply: imagine a connected mirror able to change a haircut like the "make-up box" that we saw in The Fifth Element...
C'est un plaisir de vous lire!

Project Bellerophon said...

Valid point about the character, there. Yeah I think if they were to rub off on each other, there'd be a bit of [loving] friction - Ix would be like "Who are you trying to impress with this Goth stuff?", and Luce would be like "Come on, can't hurt to look as edgy as you sound, sweet cheeks. Maybe Xho'd pay more attention?"

And yes, the world needs more BoobErect NanoCell DermalSalve!!

Project Bellerophon said...

Thanks people! Some interesting votes there, I hadn't expected as common a theme going for the old style, but I have to admit I agree with the points being made - she's more of an un-preened ready-to-go sort of girl, so the carefuly made-up hairdo look doesn't quite work unless there's a special occasion.

Perhaps the twins need to have a birthday and figure a way to celebrate, get that hair messed up again...

*daydreams furiously*

Anonymous said...

Prefer the new hair, maybe she changes it to impress her brother ;)

Anonymous said...

New hair makes her look like an Uber hot Samantha Carter; not a bad thing, just saying :-)

Anonymous said...

I vote old hair