Tuesday 28 February 2017

Stress renders go go go!

Stress rendering. Huh. Forgotten about that whole thing. It's not like I've been stress-free for months, I guess I just coped with stress differently. Took it somewhere else.

Anyway, that's what I'm doing. Panicking a bit about a presentation I've got coming up. So let's ignore the real world, and play with escapism and the comic a little...

Quick question: that guy who did all the Marvel comics (sorry noob question) - I'm sure I saw a quote from him which said
something along the lines of "A good storyline is one which has a hidden meaning" or deeper meaning or something - or "A good comic is one with a serious purpose" - can anybody tell me what the quote was? Stan Lee - that's the guy - anyway I can't find the quote anywhere, just loads of crap about great power / great responsibility.

The renders: Xho's vest top says 'Born to be F...' something. Sadly, it's not 'fucked' - I think he's too polite to wear a top like that, the font alone is
pushing the envelope a little! Chaotic fonts arrgh!! Rebel. So it says 'Born to be fit' - pretty pedestrian title, but I think probably in keeping with his character.

I mean, I'd never wear a top like that either way, but there we go. I'm not Xho so let the poor guy choose his own awful tops eh.

Gotta love that subsurface scattering pre-render clay visuals thing, looks so cool!  >>>

Let me know about the Stan Lee quote thing, plizz!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Aurelius,
please note the url:
Quote is: "With great power there must also come ... great responsibility!"
STAN LEE, Amazing Fantasy, #15, August 1962
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Was really into North American, comics big for 25 - 30 years, (yeah, I'm that old) and from what I heard about Mr. Marvel, rumors are he stole a lot of other peoples ideas or just scratched out their name and wrote his on top.I'm Not saying he didn't have great Ideas himself, just that He borrowed a lot. Stealing one article is plagiarism, using dozens is research.

Aurelius Bellerophon said...

Thanks anon, but yeah that's not the one I was after I'm afraid, it was more along the lines of "A good storyline is one which has a hidden meaning"

Aurelius Bellerophon said...

Heh, yeah well it's tempting - I copied a character for Pegasus' Wraith (see note on last page of that comic), but with permission so I guess slightly different :)