Wednesday 22 February 2017

Unmothball

Wait ... the blog's back open! Yay! Welcome, one and all.

After a few months I've come to the conclusion that I WILL DO the next comic: #20.

This means the series won't end on a "What happens to Fabuloso?" cliffhanger, but will be better wrapped up and completed as I intended all along, which is good and will tie up the entire secret hidden plot line all the way back to comic #1. Exciting! But just to be clear; there won't be any more comics after I've done #20. I mean, there will generally be comics made by people on the planet, just
not me :)

So ... how've you all been?

Bit of a dark time of year this, for many people. I hope you're all holding up. Particularly if you're an American, it probably comes as a bit of a shock whether you voted for Trump or not, just how badly mismanaged that government currently is. Sorry you guys are suffering that.

***INSERT BRIEF POLITICAL CATCH-UP RANT***

I guess at least you're not Syria, whose dictator Assad has hung/tortured 13k people in one prison alone. That's not an easy job. But then I guess if healthcare falls apart and the borders close, America will plough through 13k deaths pretty quickly.

And so will the UK if the NHS properly stalls after being undermined for so long. Woops. Turns out power-hungry hierarchies are a really, really shit idea. We need to hold in tension and balance the left and right-wing, balance republican and democrat, balance labour and conservative, otherwise if there's no decent opposition the balanced tension is lost and the entire thing turns into either chaos at one end of the spectrum, or chaos at the other. Thousands die. Tens of thousands turn into millions, for no real reason other than the pride of a miserable few.

***END POLITICAL RANT***

I guess the whole thing is a bit of an ethics wake-up for the planet though, so hopefully good will come out of it all.

I think the aeons-long big picture is one of love and freedom, we just have to suffer this human ability to be total dicks to each other in the meantime. Maybe the short-term solution is to be awesome in what way you can, no matter how big or small.

Listen to those with whom we disagree, rather than dishonour them by putting them down. Even if they ARE a woman. Even if they ARE black. Even if they DID vote for Clinton or Trump. Even if they ARE a Muslim! *gasp*

Gently bring the truth and watch as the freedom grows in strength.
(Hint: that's the meta story for the whole comic series btw)

Goodness, quite unlike me to totally go off on one about politics / ethics on an erotic cartoon blog, eh?! Haha

19 comments:

Ixes said...

Never doubted for a minute, darling.

Love, peace, and the body spread of choice (cinnamon butter, in my marriage's case).

Sorry For Bad English said...

Yes!!!!!!!!

Welcome back home!

Thank you for all!!!

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back.

starscape said...

Just looked if you might have returned yesterday... and there you are! Gr8!!!

Ox7579 said...

Thank God your back.
It brings a little bit of happiness in these dark times of trump's authoritarian dictatorship.
BTW anyone know where I can get a nuclear bunker and radiation suit on the cheap?

Ox7579 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Richard Clarke said...

Glad to see you back! Hope life is a bit less turdish than when last you wrote ;-)

darkmikasonfire said...

Do you mean that you'll make no more comics period or just no more for the space trek series?
Also if/when you close this place, can you at least keep the comic download area open, after you left at 19 you closed that I had been waiting for your pack, since you often do packs of 4 or 5 comics that are just all the recent ones since the last pack. Since you closed before you made that last pack I couldn't find the comics :-( please for the love of all that's holy don't do that to people.

Dan said...

Excellent to hear from you again. Whether you make further comics or not I'm pleased for the opportunity to say thanks for all you've done. It's certainly made my world a better place. If you're going to have fun with it, I hope you make #20. If not, don't force it. Been there. Anyway, thanks again.

bdude1 said...

Super happy to see you back!

Bahamut said...

great to see you back again!! :)

ripplechips said...

Thanks, for doing No.20. I had hoped if you returned, you might do a full rap up to No.#24 and finish all the little questions of the relations between tom and the girls. But that's me just being greedy.Thanks for all the fun you have given us your FANatics, and I hope you continue doing other comics Even if they're not this series.

Tora-no-shi 1369 said...

Happy you are back, my friend. Even if it is just to finish up your work. Missed you lots.

TWCBS said...

Really glad to see you're back! Sorry to hear that its been darker times (and yes; the systematic deconstruction of the US has been so very dark as well...) I'm looking forward to #20 and also what new creative endeavors you choose to pursue next! I really enjoy your storytelling and the passion you pour into your work! [wanders back off into RL doing his happy dance]

Aurelius Bellerophon said...

Spicy :)

Aurelius Bellerophon said...

I don't think I'll make any more at all after STFW. Comic 20 will be a big reveal and tie the whole series together; it's been scripted since comic 16. Whether I do a different comic entirely is ... well, it's unlikely. Good idea on keeping the downloads open though - I'll do that and complete the final pack.

Aurelius Bellerophon said...

Thanks Dan, wise words dude :)

Aurelius Bellerophon said...

Haha, thanks all - nice to say hello. But yeah, comic 20 is definitely the series wrap-up. I think it'll actually be a pretty cathartic finale actually - much like I found it cathartic to finally smoosh Ix and Xho together in comic 19. Long time coming :)

darkmikasonfire said...

thank you I can't wait til you put out that pack will get it ASAP :-D really liked your comics, matter of fact I'm pretty sure you're who got me into 3D comics in the first place.