Thursday 27 August 2015

Scenery works in progress..

Alright, it's time to sort this fiasco of a comic series out.

So far our crew have been drifting in their high-tech crate, stranded for the best part of a year, bumming around and not really achieving anything. It's time to sort that out.

I've written the plots and scripts for the next four comics, tying everything up, bringing closure to this years-and-years of general dicking about.

About time, right? Previously I've just made one comic after the next, in fact in the early days I'd just make one page after the next and decide what people would say as I put the renders together on the page in photoshop. Zero planning, just spamming it out as my brain liked. Up until Dive Into The Dark, it was just a general flow of unplanned shenanigans. When that hit, I quite liked the fact there was a more traditional sci-fi thread running through, and decided comics after that should have a bit of thought going into them.

Particularly since Bellerophon Wakes and when I came back with Pegasus' Wraith have I been working towards little plot tie-ups, a hint here and a tattoo there.

So now rather than have a general fantasising session before a comic and 'plan' it that way, I've written the lot; up to Comic 20. Rather good fun. All this plot does require some new scenery though, so I've been building CG spaces for a bit, customising free CG models and modelling a bit myself, playing with lighting and planning some mayhem.

Here's some test renders :)

There's a couple of other totally out-there scenes too, but I'm not putting them here - gotta limit the spoilers




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can hardly wait to see them all! Excellent scenes!

no name said...

Any estimated date on next release?

Project Bellerophon said...

Sorry no, I mean I've done like 35 pages, but there's about 20 to go before I've got to the plot bit. Good news is the scenery's all ready now, I just need to render it out.
Bad news is this is just a hobby so it might take a fortnight (if I don't have anything on at work and can kick-back in the evenings), or it could take three months (if things get really hectic and I'm too wiped to spend any time rendering)

Anonymous said...

On the first picture, are the windows just blocks textured with space pictures? Or are they transparent with a block behind them?

Project Bellerophon said...

They're transparent, but it does look like the top layer is warped - that's just because the space sphere the room is sitting in probably isn't big enough :)

Anonymous said...

These look great!! Been following you for years - been fun watching the progression!

Project Bellerophon said...

Thanks :)

If I was organised I'd get hold of Octane Render or something decent to bring some proper CG realism. But I'm not, so pushing the limits with Poser's about all I can expect :)

Anonymous said...

In your case, sir, story content is far superior to most works, Poser is absolutely fine for the renders! The story and humor is what counts, for me anyway! Only found you a couple months ago, but I also see the progression, and it is fine! Thanks for the cg characters and props, has been great fun puttering around with them!

Tora-no-shi 1369 said...

Just rescale the sphere and it'll fix that.

Tora-no-shi 1369 said...

Many compliment the pics, but some won't really notice them in use.

Project Bellerophon said...

No, I know. To behonest the comics are more for my entertainment than anyone else's, so I don't mind a total lack of recognition, and people are generally polite so no worries :)

Tora-no-shi 1369 said...

And we are all lucky you share them with us.