Friday 20 March 2015

Sleepy time

As promised, here's a bunch of development renders for the bunk.

Yes there's lego on the shelf! I found that awesome free lego spaceship model on the vanishingpoint site and thought it'd be perfect for our girl.

Only decision I need to make now is what to put on the three photographs on the far wall - I'm thinking maybe some retro 70s pinups or something - or maybe a few intimate shots of members of the crew. Can't go wrong with
some dirty polaroids...

Ooh ooh, one thing to flag up on the blog - you can now subscribe! I added a page to the navigation bar so you can put your email in and Feedburner will send you an email whenever I make a blog post. 

Just means if I go quiet for a while you won't need to keep checking back as you'll get a heads-up :)

Here's the form:
Enter your email address (it's free/anon):
(Feedburner subs email now removed)
Development renders:











Here's the original bunk I designed a few years ago:


Hmm, the nice thing about the old one was the lower ceiling made it seem a bit better I think. The new one has a higher ceiling in order that two people can fit in there and fuck doggy-style (you have to take these things into consideration when you're designing scenery, you understand), but looking back at that old one, maybe I should bring the ceiling back down to tighten the space up a bit.

Opinions? Make it smaller? Stop worrying about it and get on with comic 15?

Glass of wine?

OK, if you insist.

8 comments:

Sharpie said...

Being somewhat claustrophobic, I'd have to opt for the new version, although the original is more in line with the economy of the bunks in The Fifth Element.

Project Bellerophon said...

Yeah the original's better I think, even though it's less detailed.

Hey if you're claustrophobic you might want to give the next comic a miss - comic #15 will [I think] be called claustrophilia...

Project Bellerophon said...

*not that I particularly like enclosed spaces. In fact maybe that's not the best title. Anyway, it'll involve a lot of crawling about and being trapped..

Tittily Winks said...

Well. Tiny Ix, tiny bunk.

But I like the bigger bunk as a design.

Hey, maybe they give someone else the bigger bunk there. When that person sees Ix's teeny cupboard they wonder what's with that and Ix reveals she wants a cozy space, feels lonely/uncomfortable alone in a bigger space...?

Both work rather nicely though, to my impression.

Project Bellerophon said...

Thanks :)

Think I'll split the difference, cramped but comfy for two..

Or an absolute mayhem cupboard for three. All good!

TWCBS said...

Of course, we'll be seeing the mayhem version, right? [makes amazing puppy dog eyes]

Project Bellerophon said...

Haha, yeah I should do some 'test' scenes with Tom and two of the girls to make sure everyone fits in there.. brb..

TWCBS said...

[sits patiently on the couch with popcorn]. this is gonna be good!