Monday 8 December 2014

The very terrible comic...

With just about every comic I've done there's always this moment when you read back what you've done so far and go "Oh. Bugger. This is rubbish"

Normally you get over it, you tweak it or get to a the meat of the plot/situation you're trying to tell the story of, and the comic comes together. But in this case it's dragging its heels a bit. I've got to page 40 and nothing much has happened; there've been some in-depth chats, a couple of gags and an awkward
meeting but somehow it seems a bit flat. I think I probably need to
get over trying to explain every little thing and move faster and leave more gaps for the imagination.
Not the most exciting blog post I know, but this is just so later on when I release the comic and nobody believes I'm the real Project Bellerophon, I can point to this and say "Look, shut up, I know it's a bad comic". Or maybe I'll somehow inject some last-minute magic and the whole thing will be a resounding success and all this paranoia will be moot.

Tune in next week to find out ....


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been away from this for a while. forget what others say and enjoy yourself. It's what make you, you.

Anonymous said...

I wont say who i am ( you'll find out anyway, you're a smart ass :p ) but for the times we used to talk, i've told you how proud you can be of your achievements and work, and how proud i am of you. If now, you have the time to devote yourself to this again, and that the passion came back with it, then i am sure you'll do amazing things. You're a perfectionist, of course you ll never be satisfied. It's the mark of the greatest ( too much compliments, so you should know who i am now haha ).

Anyway, take care of yourself.

Project Bellerophon said...

Thank you for that :)

I'm glad a few people from the old site/blog have found this one, even though I haven't publicised it - maybe I'll leave it unadvertised and keep the blog fairly small, I like it bijoux :)

Jerem said...

Yeah, i really found you by chance you know. I was regularly checking but i wasnt expecting to found you. It was more of a desperation move haha, and just finding a clue of seeing if everyting was ok for you. But when i saw you it was a OMG moment kind of thing :)

I get it dont worry. As we say in my country " To live happily live hidden ". So if you didnt want as much effervescence as before and do your amazing work quietly, i understand :)

Jerem said...

Now you know who i am, oops.

Project Bellerophon said...

Haha I guessed anyway, that's why I used the word bijoux, subtle french reference. Hope you're well :)

Jerem said...

i know, i catched it :) You were always sneaky with your allusions but i got it !

I am well, i hope you're well too :)

Remember that PN sign i made on my Nutella bottle ? Yeah, well, i still have that colouring thing for cake in my fridge. Must be expired tho, it's been a long time now.

Gonna download and look at your new chapter tomorrow.

Take care.

Project Bellerophon said...

Dude, chuck it in the bin!

Jerem said...

I ll smile and pretend i understood

:-))))

Project Bellerophon said...

I'm talking about the colouring; that must be three or four years out of date! :)

Jerem said...

Yeah. I dont know how long it can last before not being good to eat honestly. I cant see the date either on the tube so no idea. I still have the pictures on my computer and phone tho. It's from early 2012 so yeah, almost 3 years, you were right. But what can i do, i love keeping souvenirs, dont blame me :D ( Of course i destroyed the Nutella jar. This, i couldnt keep it without touching it ).