Friday 3 November 2017

Errr... Poser can do physics now?!?!!

OMG, look at these weight-mapped painted vertices! MY EYESSSSSS

I had no idea, apparently Poser brought in Bullet Physics a few years ago, meaning you can have proper JIGGLE, and BOUNCE, TREMOR, WOBBLE, ... you name it.

QUIVER.

WIGGLE.

So. Blimey. this changes everything. Suddenly, we're going to find a lot of wibbly-wobbly things happening.

Although, after a bit of googling and a bit of youtubing, apparently very few people have got the hang of, or even tried it...



STAND BACK BOYS, I'VE GOT THIS.

All of a sudden my 3D skills and physics background come into their own. Hmm ... now ... what shall I animate? What should I make wobble, do we think? Hmmm .... have to think about that one. Perhaps a jelly on a plate? Or ... a wobbling laughing belly?

Oh wait! I've got an idea ... and it rhymes with noobies.

Oh shit, we can interact soft-body physics with hard-body polygons?

BRB ...


 Squeezy.

Hold on ... does this mean I can animate willies going into thingies now too? And they'll physically interact like squeezy squelchy things should?

Am ... am I going to have to book some time off work?


6 comments:

Ixes said...

Once you get Ix's head back, don't cock this lovely lady in the bin. She's a bit alright ;) she could be another never of the Ix-race... Hang on, do we know the name of her species? Is that something that was already covered and I missed it?

Belle said...

Yeah don't worry, I was going to give her away with another scenes pack but RL took over and I went quiet for a bit. Just lost her head in a big file tidy-up thing I think. Lemme play with physics a bit more and I might be able to bundle that up and give that rig away too, we'll have to see. Anyway, no re:species I never named their species nor their home planet - in the first comic when we meet Twill, I always thought it a bit of a cliche having her species and planet named and explained so I avoided that thereafter. It's like when scifi books use outlandish words for normal stuff; always annoyed me. "Captain, we're just fifteen glaxorgs until flimber". That's mentioned in the script blog site - when the guys meet Jen and think it's short for 'Xenogen' or something spacey and she's like "Err no, it's Jennifer."

Anway, spacey names aside, what do you think her species/planet could be called? I'd always liked the Saturn/Jupiter moon names; some cool Greek words about the place :)

Ixes said...

Hmm, well the moon of Jupiter now known as Sinope was once classified as "Jupiter IX", the ninth discovered. The mythical Sinope was known for her virginity <_<. The name actually comes from an ancient port city on the Black Sea, that the Romans later colonized and renamed Colonia Julia Felix. Get it? "Feel Ix"? Never mind.

How about Sinopan?

Belle said...

Haha amazing! Genuinely good suggestion there, with well-reasoned background! If only 'Sinopan' didn't sound like a nasal decongestant it'd be a winner for sure :D

Ixes said...

Moving on, the ninth moon of Saturn (aka Saturn IX) is Phoebe. Not as much good dirt on her, she was one of the classical Titans (lol irony, Ix is small, geddit?!), and was basically the goddess of our Moon until her grandchildren Apollo and Artemis took the job.

There's also Jupiter's... Ahem... eruptive and scorching moon Io. But seriously, "Ix from Io?" What are we, Robin Williams?

Belle said...

Nanoo nanoo